Thursday, October 22, 2015

BlogPost8

Bill Ayers talks a lot about building bridges in order to achieve greatness and a comfortable feel in every classroom. I believe that this concept of building bridges means making students feel comfortable. If there is an awkward tension in a classroom, that can't be a good learning environment for any student. It is essential a teacher allows students to be open-minded. A teacher must build a bridge with every student so every student can be open to discussion, learning, etc. I believe that this "bridge" is something that a teacher has to build that allows every student to succeed using the tools and skills that each students has learning through prior experience.
One pattern that I see and often sticks out to me is the students ability to communicate well as they age. Being comfortable to talk and find one's voice is a crucial part of this building bridges. Students should be able to feel comfortable asking questions or being involved in discussions.
In making a lesson plan for a high school world history class, my topic would be the Holocaust. There are a few key things that I would make sure my students understood. First , I would make sure they generally knew that it was all about. I would show a video that gives a good summary of the Holocaust. Next, I would get more in detail with it. I would cover who was involved in this historical event, strategies that were used during, significant people, and the result and what it meant for each country involved. For the United State, this of course meant that our population increased dramatically because so many Jews immigrated over to the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment