Sunday, October 11, 2015

FieldBlogPost3-GESU

When I walked into the room on my third day, Mrs. Nemeth was teaching a lesson. She was describing a new project they were going to do. They were going to create their own candy bar. So right off the bat when I came in, she was allowing the kids to be very creative and super open-minded. The kids also had to create their own ad for the candy bar. For the classroom setting on my third day, the same thing was pretty much going on. We were changing the bulletin for their new lesson. In the morning, Mrs. Nemeth has tasks written on the board. On the third day, she had written on the board to set up their spelling test, turn in folders, if they need a conference, and field trip forms. During science, 6 kids in each class got to go to the front of the room and share their rock reports. After that, I went to the front of the classroom and did a review of the bones. I would point to a bone and the kids would give the scientific name (I was super surprised by the intelligence of these fourth graders!). After that, the kids got out their skeleton and labeled them. They then cut the pieces out and put them together with the pins that kind of fold back. That way they could make their skeleton move and dance. This is also a great example of how the kids can be creative. Friday's seem to be more of an activity filled and creative day. Also, the kids are really, really hyper. Mrs. Nemeth even came over to me and said the kids love to chat and get hyper on Friday's. I am just assuming they are excited for the weekend, I know I was as a fourth grader!

No comments:

Post a Comment