Monday, October 26, 2015

FieldBlogPost5-GESU

My fifth day I had to arrive at Gesu a little bit late. When I walked in the room, science class was going on. They were talking about the owl pellet dissection and they all said hi to me. When I sat down, Mrs. Nemeth had me help three kids with an owl pellet dissection because they were absent the previous day. All of the other kids then got in their groups and discussed what they found.Then they created a chart/graph with all of their data from the owl pellet. I got to walk around the room and check on the kids and ask about their numbers. The kids seemed very open and comfortable in the classroom. It was a Friday again, so of course the kids had a lot to say other than science. They got a little hyper at times too. After they talked about their data, I got to go to the front of the room and teach them about food pyramids and food webs. After I was done, they got to make their own food pyramid. It was a good feeling to know that the kids understood what I taught.
I learned two new cool things today. One thing I learned is that there is a great opportunity for me to get more involved with helping with after school care. Also, she showed me eMaze. It was a website that is like an art gallery. You can make your own power point and it is in 3D. Overall, I had a short day, but I got to help and teach a decent amount! I can't wait for more work on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment