Monday, October 19, 2015

FieldBlogPost4-GESU

My fourth day at Gesu was filled with activity. Right when I walked in I helped a boy find his AR test and I read it to him. Also when I walked in, four girls were working on a short commercial they were doing as a project for the pumpkin contest. One big thing that Mrs. Nemeth showed me today is that she recently got more boxes from the Natural History Museum, but this time they were filled with animal fur and animal skulls. This is something interesting for the kids to look at while it also goes along with their bone lesson. I was on the Gesu website today and I noticed that each grade has its own page and dates to remember along with other cool short cuts and helpful links. I thought that was a very good resource for kids. During science class, we watched a cool video. It was a video on Discovery Edu. about Mr. Goodbody and it was called "The Team That Hustles," referring to the bones and muscles in your body. The class participated well with the video, doing everything instructed while responding to the video. After the video, Mrs. Nemeth discussed terms to know and put them on the board. She also had the kids fill in blanks on the board. After science class, she gave me the study guide for the upcoming test. It constructed of a summary of the unit, words to remember, short answers, and scenarios which were followed by short answers. Like my second day, I got to actually get up in front of the class and kind of teach a lesson. Mrs. Nemeth let me read an article on pirates and then discuss it with the class. We then did an activity afterwards. The classroom setting was basically the same. She had "good morning" written on the board and had the instructions to unpack, correct a test, and complete the new worksheet. the kids seemed very creative today! The four girls I mentioned were very creative with their commercial and all through out the day in general I noticed a lot of enthusiasm! Mrs. Nemeth had me try and log on to Learning A-Z, but unfortunately the Internet was a mess, so she had a back up story about pirates and we read that. From there, I interacted with the class often and well. In the last 15 minutes of my time there, she had a conference with every kid in the class about their AR reading. The kids need 10 points per quarter. My fourth day was a great day like all the others and I am still excited to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment